Monday, November 10, 2008

That Song Is Stuck In My Head

Grant has been in bed for about 30 minutes and he's been out 3 times to tell me that he hears the alphabet song (aka the phonics song) over and over. Although I'm getting frustrated that he won't stay in bed, he's been so funny trying to explain it to me.

Did you ever just have one of those songs stuck in your head? This poor kid is definitely my son! I can't even tell you how many times I have disturbed Brian's sleep to share a song with him that was keeping me up. Often it was some repetitive preschool song that would just stick but there have been songs of all kinds. Sometimes I would even sing it for him if he wasn't familiar with it to make sure he understood. He generally thanked me later for getting the same song stuck in his head! :)

As I was writing I was thinking how I feel kind of bad for waking him for such silly things. But as I think it over a bit more, I'm really glad I did. Those few extra minutes here and there make up more moments and memories I have to treasure when we were talking instead of just sleeping.

And for what it's worth, my advice to Grant, "Sorry Son. Sometimes Mommy gets songs stuck in her head too. You can either sing something else or just listen to it until you fall asleep!"

No comments: